Skip to main content

Hello,

As the title states, we've moved our K2 installation to a new server. On our old server, we had it installed to the 😨 drive. On our new server we decided to instead install to the C: drive (no 😨 drive actually exists in the new server).

We left the databases in place, stopped the K2 service on the old server, installed on the new server and ran the K2 Setup Manager, installing on the C: drive and pointing to the existing databases during configuration.

On the new server, we are getting the following error message in the Event Viewer:

8060 ProcessPacket Error, Could not load file or assembly 'file:///D:Program FilesK2 blackpearlServiceBrokerSourceCode.SmartObjects.Services.K2GenericSettings.dll' or one of its dependencies. The device is not ready. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070015)

As you can see (in bold) there is some reference somewhere to the 😨 drive installation on the old server and now that the new server doesn't have a 😨 drive it can't find the .dll

Does this mean there's some reference int he database somewhere to the installation drive of K2? Short of adding a 😨 drive to the system and reinstalling K2 on there, is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

I've run across a similar situation before.  What I did to fix it was to run the BrokerManagemenet.exe tool located in the K2 blackpearlServiceBroker folder.

1. Clic on Configure Services link
  2. Expand out Services and select the ServiceType related to K2GenericSettings
  3. Right mouse click and select Update Service Type and you will then see path which is probably still point to 😨.  Change that link to point to the correct location.

In my instance there were a few other service objects pointing to 😨 that I needed to change (I don't remember exactly which ones) so I would check all the service objects using the above steps to ensure.

You may need to stop and restart the K2 Service to enable the changes.

I hope this helps.

Tim

That worked, thanks!