Skip to main content

Hello,

I want to move a document from one SP lib to another and also give it a new name in the new location. The move wizard doesn't seem to be able to do that. And update meta data event also doesn't give you access to change the document name field. (I have seen a similar question posted but it was never answered so I post again.) Any ideas on how to go about that? TIA!

What if you use the Document wizard to first download it from the old location, upload to the new location with new name, then delete the old?  If you download to a K2 field rather than file system, make sure the Keep Audit and Keep Log options on the field are unchecked so huge files don't get stored in the log database.

Thanks again David!

What variable type  do you use here?

If I use Xml as the dialog suggests, the destination document (.pdf) is blank. If I use a regular process variable (string) it seems to be working. Any info welcome!

String or I think you can use binary as well.  The XML is a K2 Content Field:  it acts like a reference to the document in its original location, but does not actually contain the document content.

Make sure you turn off logging and auditing for the field so it doesn't eat up a lot of database space.  When you are done with the upload and no longer need the contents, set the field to an empty state.

Thanks again David!

It worked this time using a binary. (My workflow had gotten corrupted due to a VS crash. After re-keying most of the activities it worked). 

You can use the new SharePoint Content broker (CSOM) to do this: