Skip to main content

I am creating K2 form in development server and i want to move the same files in Production server. Both the servers are different. Can we move the form ? or do we need to do any process to achive ?

Dear 

If i got you right , you need to check 

K2 Package and Deployment Tool

you should find it on both of your servers if installed properly .

Regards.

I am asking how to move files from from one servr to another server : Is any possibilities to export development K2 forms and import into Production server ?

Hi K2STG-Lakshmi,

What Ahmad is mentioned is right, for your import-export purpose there is tool called K2 Package and Development tool. which is used for creating package from Dev Environment and Same can be used on Production Environment for Deploying that package.

1. Go to Dev Server : Search for K2 package and Deployment and open it

2. Create package of forms,views,smartobject,workflows using this tool

3. copy that package from Dev server and Paste it on Production Server.

4. On Production Server : Search for K2 package and Deployment and open it

5. Deploy the created package on prodcution.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.7/default.htm#packageanddeploy/packageanddeploy.htm 

Regards,

Hemant

Thank you Hemant and Ahamad .. I will try this and let you know if i have any queries..

The only caveat is the Deployment Tool will actually reproduce exactly what you package from the main source without any changes. 

That being said... will not let you actually duplicate a Project because in another Category.... 

Example:

Project A

ProjectA_Views

ProjectA_Forms

ProjectA_Workflows

ProjectA_SmartObjects

If package and Deploy will return exactly that... there is no option to restore perpahs to a different Category like Project B and everything a copy of the original within another category.

That being said... make sure your Categories naming convention are pretty standard and let you perform Package & Deployment trough e DEV -> TEST -> PROD ]

Note when you use the tool as suggestion let the tool create the required SMO's once the service instance and the SQL DB's match in schema.

Good Luck.