Skip to main content

I am using K2 Designer for SharePoint for this workflow.

This workflow is for a document library that kicks off when a new item is added.  On the first step of the workflow a folder is being created.  The next step is supposed to move the new document to the folder that was just created in the previous step. 

The problem is that in the Move Document event I have no way of selecting the folder that was just created. 

Has anyone done this?  Can this be done with K2 Designer for SharePoint?

Please help.

thanks,

Where is the name of the folder coming from?

Is it possible to update a hidden sharepoint column with that data.  If so, you could pull that column name out on the move document portion of your workflow.

The name of folder comes from the form when the user uploads a new document.  It is a column in the library. 

I dont understand your suggestion, in the move document event I am only allowed to select a library or a folder that already existed in the library.  I cant see a way to point it to this newly created folder.

I've never used K2 Designer for SharePoint so I apologize if this is not possible, but if it was K2 Designer for Visual Studio I would store the folder name in a data field and apprend the data field to the URL.  Is that not possible in K2 Designer for SharePoint?

Hi,

Capture your folder name into process data field and use the same field to store your documents into the same folder name which was captured into process field.

good luck

Thara

Thara,

Have you successfully done this with K2 Designer for SharePoint?  I am saving the name of the folder to a variable, i am trying to reference that name in the move event but it doesn't work.

Are you still looking for an answer on this?    There are a couple ways to do this. 

Hi  @DannyH

Have u got anything on this .. i am also looking for same

Thanks 

Manoj