Skip to main content

Requirement:  2 unqiue users from a Role need to approve for the activity to succeed.    Succeeding rule specifies at least 2 slots need to approve.

#1 Plan per destination:  Plan Just Once

#2 Specify the number of slots to be created: 2

#3 Create a slot for each role and group.  (I guess this is N/A when Plan Just Once is used)

The destination is assigned to a role and there is only 1 role.

Edit:   The problem is that the same user is allowed to approve twice (is that expected?) completing the request.    Do you put the restriction logic in the UI to prevent the same user from approving twice?

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/userguide/4.6.8/webframe.html#Destination_Rule-Destination_Rule_Options_uContinued].html

Plan Just Once

Because only one Activity Instance Destination exists, the Client Event will only execute once. There will only be one Worklist header and one Serial number. So all destinations will have access to the same serial number (Activity Instance Destination). Each response from the user will update the Activity Instance Destination XML/data fields. A slot will be created for that user and the XML/data field values will be copied to the slot and depending on the action performed, the slot will be completed, or remain Open to the user.

The activity instance will complete when all slots are completed or when the succeeding rule is true.     

I think you are confused about slots vs. approvals.  Slots essentially is the number of people who can have the request open at any time.

If all you need is for two people out of a fixed group to approve a request, then use plan per destination and configure your outcome such that it requires two approvals.

Your exact problem isn't clear from your post, so if this doesn't help please clarify.

You need to do plan per destination in your scenario then create a slot for each destination.

I will try it out.

I think it'll just create 1 slot because of this option.  

How do you want to threat roles when they are used as destinations?

(  ) Resolve all roles and groups to users

(*) Create a slot for each role and group

If  "Resolve all roles and groups to users" is used, each client/server event is executed once emailing individual users.   We only want to send 1 email to the role group.