Skip to main content

Hi,

I am new to K2 Blackpearl. I have a requirement where already assigned approvers can add more approvers to the activity. For Example, Initially Originator of the form added 5 peopole to approve the task. Once task assigned to these 5 people, any one of them can add more approvers say 3 to approve the task. That means now totally 8 people has to approve the task. The tricky part is, Email should send to only newly added approvers because 5 approvers already received their emails on the start of this activity.

So my question is how can i add more users to destination Rule and send emails to newly added users?

Note :  I am usng InfoPath 2007 Form Services and smartobject to store all users (both old and new approvers). Then i am using this Smart Object GetList method assigned in the destination rule.

If there is any better solution, please let me know.

16692i48FE4D6175FEDF69.png

This is not possible in K2 by design. the destination users (Approvers) will be planned before assigning the tasks to them, once the task is assigned then the destinations will have to receive notifications and their actions is waited.

If you want to have such rules, then you might end up with endless cycle where even new approvers will have the option to add more and more...

maybe if you consider 2 levels (2 different activities), the first one with initial approvers who can chose to add more to the list, and the second activity will have the final complete list of approvers but no more approvers can be added.

A possible alternative would be to use the Workflow API. There is a method called "Delegate" in the WorklistItem object. This can accept single or multiple destinations, allowing users to view the item. Since you are using InfoPath, I would wrap this in a separate web service.

I believe the original email will not be sent to the new users, but you can replicate the original email (or most likely a generic one) in the custom method. I haven't tested this but it might be a feasible alternative.