Skip to main content
Hi

One of my users has a problem with an action in their worklist. It appears that their action does not appear in on the SharePoint portal as it should do. This is not a SharePoint problem, the action is the same as hundreds of other actions which she and all other users have been able to see in SharePoint. The action is in the worklist, it can also be found under the process in K2 service manager. I have redirected the action to myself, but when I log into the SharePoint portal I can't see the action either.

Can anyone shed any light on why K2 is not surfacing this action? Just to re-iterate the action does appear in the worklist and under the process it belongs to.

Tim
Have a look at the Error Profiles - isn't the process maybe in an Error state?
Do you see the worklist item in the K2.net Workspace?

Regards,
Ockert
Hi Tim,

You can also use the 'global' worklist available in the K2.net Service Manager to find the workitem to find out if it actually belongs to the correct user.

The workitem will however not be there is the process instance is in error state.
Thanks for the responses.

The process is in active state not error so that should not be causing the problem. I can see the process in the global worklist and it is assigned to me - the problem is that it's not showing up in the SharePoint portal (even though there's nothing special about it/wrong with it).

Many Thanks
Tim
Look for the item in the K2.._Worklist table. Make sure that the platform is specified as 'ASP'. Also, what sometimes happen (through custom code), is that a [Space] is pre-pended or appended to the 'User' field. Make sure the User field is trimmed.

HTH,
Ockert
What is being used in Sharepoint to view the item? Is it he K2.net Tasklist or some custom application? If custom, what does the K2.net Worklist show?

There should not be any reason for the item not to show up if available.
Hi

Turns out that the status of the process in the _Worklist table was set to 1. I don't know if this is a K2 thing or just something our application does but this prevented the action from showing up in our SharePoint portal. Changing the status to 0 made the action appear in SharePoint.

Thanks for the help

Tim
Thank you for the feedback.

A worklist item status of 0, is 'Available' while 1, is 'Open'. It is still strange that you could not see it since the Sharepoint tasklist does not filter on Status and the item should have been visible irrespective of status - unless you use a custom tasklist of course.

Did you change the status of the worklist item assigned to this specific user? Or was it the worklist item of another user?

PS!! It's never a good idea to change anything manually in the databases - unless there is no other way of resolving the problem (which I suppose was true in your case).

Regards,
Ockert

hi..

Can anybody please help me?? i need to add my actions to the WorkListItem....

when i check in the code my actions.count=0...why is that?? how can add the actions??

thanks,

Hen.

Hi Hen.

The functionality you are referring to is blackpearl specific; Actions as you talk about did not exist in K2.net 2003, which is the version of K2 that this forum discusses.  

Please repost this question in one of the blackpearl forums.

Thanks