Skip to main content

Symptoms

When using package and deploy, I am receiving a "missing reference" error when attempting to deploy to our test env.

The reference seems to display a process/workflow icon, and when checking the workflow - I did have an activity with the name mentioned in the error, but have changed that name at some point.

When trying to "refresh" that reference in K2 Studio, I am still seeing the old reference, and not able to remove it.

Before I get too deep into tearing apart the process, I need to know how best to proceed.

The process is working as expected on DEV, and forms are working, this is just an error shown in package and deploy.

*we have to use package and deploy, since K2 studio does not have the SmartForms elements connected on our TEST env, only DEV. So, deploying the workflow directly to "TEST" K2 Studio is not possible.

Diagnoses

There is a rule in smartforms that was created when workflow with smartforms client event was deployed. The rule referenced the activity that was renamed. This is the cause for the missing reference when trying to deploy the package.

Resolution

Remove the rule that is referencing the old activity name, check in the form, run through smartforms integration and smartforms client event wizard in the workflow, redeploy the workflow, and recreate the package resolved the issue.

Be the first to reply!