Skip to main content

Symptoms

Missing K2 features when migrating to SP 2013

Diagnoses

I am missing 2 features when testing a database before mounting it to the SP farm. I have installed the K2 solutions using the K2 setup filess. I have looked in the 14 hive of the 2013 server and verified that these do not exist. I also checked the 15 just to make sure and they do not exist there either.

Category : MissingFeature
Error : True
UpgradeBlocking : False
Message : Database espContent_Home] has reference(s) to a missing feature: Id =
/e9bcca5d-a4b5-4c54-bc7c-0a154ac5ddfd], Name = =K2 Web Designer Menu Item], Description = =Adds a
menu item to every list in a site collection in order to add or edit K2 workflow processes.],
Install Location = =K2WebDesignerMenuItem].
Remedy : The feature with Id e9bcca5d-a4b5-4c54-bc7c-0a154ac5ddfd is referenced in the database
/spContent_Home], but is not installed on the current farm. The missing feature may cause upgrade to
fail. Please install any solution which contains the feature and restart upgrade if necessary.
Locations :

Category : MissingFeature
Error : True
UpgradeBlocking : False
Message : Database espContent_Home] has reference(s) to a missing feature: Id =
/7f7aeed4-c6c8-461f-8000-d3651c3f1146], Name = =K2 Web Workflow Task Form], Description = =This
content type is used by the K2 Web Designer Workflow task page. It inherits from the out of the box
workflow task.], Install Location = =K2TaskContentType3].
Remedy : The feature with Id 7f7aeed4-c6c8-461f-8000-d3651c3f1146 is referenced in the database
/spContent_Home], but is not installed on the current farm. The missing feature may cause upgrade to
fail. Please install any solution which contains the feature and restart upgrade if necessary.
Locations :

Resolution

This is expected behavior because the database still contains references of the Process portal features which is not supported in SharePoint 2013.

You can use the following links to remove these features:

http://support.vizit.com/entries/31061197--MissingFeature-Database-Message-in-the-Health-Analyzer
http://get-spscripts.com/2011/06/removing-features-from-content-database.html

Be the first to reply!