Skip to main content

I'm doing some migration work at the moment and I'm sure I'd going about it the long way and manual way.

We've Nintex and I expect it can solve my problem and I'd like to ask the community.

Within the same site collection I have a list and a library.

The list has

Title | value1 | value2 | value3 | value4 .... value15

The library has a document set with only a name and 15 blank columns

Name | Title | value1 | value2 | value3 | value4 .... value15

In the majority of cases each list item has a corresponding folder of the same name. So the list has item 123 and the library has document set 123. It is possible that the list has 456 but the library doesn't.

Each document set that exists already contains content but it's missing it's values from the list.

So... how do I get Nintex to query the list and if there's a document set of the same name to update the blank columns with the values?

It also needs to create a document set if one doesn't already exist and again update the blank columns.

Presently I've one list with ~300 items in it and a library with ~170 document sets all missing data. That gives me the challenge of 170 doc sets to update and 130 to create.

Thanks

Hi,

I would approach this using a site workflow. In it I'd loop against all items in the list and for each of them I'd check with a Query List if the corrisponding Document Set exists or not.

If it exist, I'd update his attributes using an Update Item selecting the document set by Id (it could be the parameter you use to determine if it exists or not), if not you will create a new document set and specify his attribute.

Giacomo

Hi Giacomo Gelosi

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I ended up buying a book on Nintex and after all that the solution was really just a basic update item and lookup. Probably not as sophisticated as some of some of you might have done but it works well.

Darrel