Skip to main content

Hi,

Migrated a form over to another server with process and smartobjects + data.

When i run the form and submit it, i'm getting this error in Workspace:

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.; ServiceName: ADService2; ServiceGuid: 83ac8762-cd63-4e86-8ac8-964e8729b735; InnerExceptionMessage: ;

The workflow is supposed to send the request to be authorised, but it's not working.

Workflow destination : AD User.GetUsersByGroup.Name and then i use an AD group.

I created a seperate simple email process and created an instance which ran fine and sent emails, so why would this migrated form not work?

Bit worried, because this is a test form, i have the real live forms to do at some point.

Any ideas?

Thanks

It looks like you are using a SmartObject from the ADService2 broker.

Does this AD User SmartObject exist and does it execute successfully from the SmartObject Service Tester tool (C:Program Files(x86)K2 blackpearlBin)?

I would also check how the ADService2 service instance is also configured and perhaps match it between the two servers.

Hi Tin,

Yes, this AD User Smartobject exists, it was created when i migrated the package across to the new server.

Also tried the test tool and that resolves the users in the AD group fine using this AD User Smartobject.

The AD Service2 service settings are identical to my other servers

Thanks

Carried out some tests with K2.

It's a problem with the Workflow Destination Set Filter:

I use GetUsersBygroup and then use the optional filter to return the Users in an AD Group which match the Department of the submitting user.

I have a mapped Datafield in the workflow which i bring in the Submitters Dept (this is fine and comes across ok), then using the getusersbygroup in the destination set, i do a filter as follows:

Department = User_dept

User_dept in the mapped field from the form.

If i remove the filter, all the members get the Email, if i add the filter, thats where i'm getting the error in workspace saying:

Message:object reference not set to an instance of an object: adservice2;serviceguid:xxxxx-x-x-x-x-x innnerexceptionmessage:

Any ideas why?