Skip to main content

Hi!

I have server with Windows 2003 and K2 BlackPearl 4.5. Now i need to migrate to another server with Windows 2008. How to acomplish this task?

If the SQL server is not touched or moved then it should be as simple as installing a fresh copy of Blackpearl on the new server but pointing it to the existing K2 db’s. The only catch that I can think of is if you use IPC’s the _IPC and _IPCReturn tables will still reference the old server. But this can be sorted if you get in contact with K2 Support. Also the _Server table will have two servers registered. The old and the new. This will result in a heartbeat check that will give an error that the one server is not online. This can also be fixed by removing the Old server from the table or setting the Running flag to False

HTH Vernon

I agree with Vernon. I just performed one yesterday and it's not hard at all to make this happen. My question is are you going from physical to virtual?

My scenario was my client was going from a physical server to a virtual server. Since the physical server was on BP 807 we wanted to get off the old physical server and move to virtual first. This way once we got the virtual up and running with 807 we could perform snapshots and then upgrade the 807 ver to the more current 4.5(1370) version of BP.

In the above scenario as the Host name doesn't change you should be all good.

Cheers,

CB

I inslalled K2 in new server and reference this new K2 to old database. After that i removed old server in _Server table. But if i start new workfloy K2 say me that "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" so it's try to connect to old server. If i turn on old server everithing work fine. Maybe i need to change something else?

Is this by any chance IPC events causing the issues? Did you redeploy the processes? I think you will have to redeploy since the K2 Server name/IP changed and this is used in the connection strings in the Process.

HTH

Vernon

Work now! Thanks for help