Skip to main content

I'm a little surprised I haven't been able to find content/blogs/posts about this. I guess I've assumed it's part of the "data abstraction" that is SmartObjects...

I'm looking for documentation or procedures on how to change the back end data source that a SmartObject uses without breaking the workflows or smartforms that are using the SmartObject. What does it take to swap out the service object that is being used with a different one?

Simple case.. a SmartBox SmartObject needs to be moved to a SQL database. Or a SmartObject based on a web service needs to use a different web service.

Anyone do this before I start tinkering? Any gotchas?

Hi,

I have been into this once, there is no easy way to do it. 

basically I had change all the smartbox smartobject to smartobject because the client decided to have his own DB.

I did the following:

Save you SMO to Sodx from the smartobject tool then open K2 studio and create new project, Add your SMOs to this project and edit each method.

For example you have a create method in smartbox and you want to use create method in another service object (i.e. SQL )

15712i34E0A8EB29ADBA6F.png

Change the Service object method, navigate Service Object Server, locate your new method then edit the mappings.

when you finish editing your SMO, Deploy to submit the changes.

I'm not aware of easier ways to achieve this.

wish this helps

Thanks, this is what I was thinking was involved. However, the last time I was tinkering with an attempt, I was getting errors about required properties that were referencing the old Service Object.

I'll try again and post back here.

Hi,

Please try to do it, If you recieve the same error, create a test SMO instead of replacing the service object methods, delete all the methods and add new methods that points to the new service object