Skip to main content

Good Afternoon,

Here is the gist of my issue:

I've only recently started using K2 blackpearl (it's been a week). I'm attempting to create a smart object that calls out to a C# method to simply add two random integers together and save the result out to a file. I've got the smart object setup with two input parameters (Integer1 and Integer2, both defined as "number").

I've setup a process and added a Smart Object event. Within the event I've assigned Integer1 and Integer2 with the Random(0,10) method to assign a random number between 0 and 10. 

Within my C# code I have the following two lines to capture the values:

int value1 = Convert.ToInt32(method.MethodParameterss"Integer1"].Value);

int value2 = Convert.ToInt32(method.MethodParameterss"Integer2"].Value);

When I run the code I receive an error message that the index of "Integer1" and "Integer2" are not within a valid range. I did a count on the "MethodParameters" collection and it comes back with a count of 0.

I looked at the "inputProperties" collection and it has both "Integer1" and "Integer2" as values.

My question is as follows:

How do I reference the two parameters that are passed into the method call? Since I'm so new to K2 I don't really know how to debug or how to determine why the "MethodParameters" collection is not populated.

I appreciate any advice that you can pass to me,

Thank you,

Scott Vercuski

Be the first to reply!