Skip to main content
Hi All,
I am a new member .
I have a great problem . Great in the sense it has taken me a week and still I am unable to find a solution.

The problem goes like this:

One infoPath activity requires 2 approvers . For the person who approves first , he needs to type some comments and submit. After he does this , the second approver when opens the InfoPath form for approval should be able to see the comments posted by the first approver. I have used different slots.

My problem is similar to the one mentioned in teh subject . The solution to the problem , I got from K2forum but it involved showing the comments in the next activity. But I want it in the same activity.

Kindly and please help as soon as possible.

Thank U
Hi,

InfoPath integration works differently to normal ASP.NET integration. When a workitem is openend from an ASP.NET client event the data is returned for the particular process directly from the K2.net Server. So the workitem has 'realtime' data available.

In InfoPath this is different. The client event is an XML representation of the XML processdata in K2 at the moment of the event is created. (In InfoPath the client event is an XML file pointing to a specific template) This means that even if you first user submits his form the data for the second approver will not contain the new comments.

I cannot think of an easy way to achieve this though... 😞 :?:

Regards,
Conrad
Thanks ,

But please at least any way which may be closer to what I am trying to acheive.
Why don't you just route , after the submission of your first approver, the item to the same activity again only to the other user ?

Some other idea is to use data manipulation events. I had some similar problem once. We had a InfoPath process which had two parallel actvities and I had to show the results of both activities to the requestor in the next activity. As the amount of controls was not that high I could use a little workaround. After each submisson of the infopath item in one of the parallel activities I used a data manipulation event to copy the values from the activity xml data into a regular process data field. Then in the other activity (requestor) I just copied the data back into process level xml schema. May be this could also be helpfull for you somehow.