Skip to main content

Everywhere I hear that with SmartObjects you can get merged/aggregated data in your smart object. The classic example: You have a smart object: "Employee" with name from Active Directory and a field "hobbies" that is stored on the SmartBox.

Now I'm trying to get this simple example to work but I just cannot get it right. I have tried looking for a guide and in the help files for ways of doing this but I cannot anything. Can anyone explain the basic guidelines of how to do this or point me to a guide/tutorial where this is explained?

In the end I'd like to create a simple asp.net page that lists all users from Active Directory where you can fill in his hobbies, which are then stored on the SmartBox. Or is this just not the way it works?

Thanks

In the SmartObject Method Wizard, you may make one SmartObject method that effectively runs more than one service object method.  So when running this wizard in Advanced mode and you reach the 'Service Object Methods' screen, you can add one method that gets from AD and another method taht Gets from the smartbox - both of them put their values back into the SmartObject properties.  I hope that is enough to get you started, if you need more details, please let me know.

I got it to work now, thanks :)