Skip to main content

Is there any way we can create or merge output of 2 smartobjects.so i would like to display approvers name on smartforms.I 

To get approvers history i am using Activity_Instance_Destination Smartobject which was OOB .but problem is that in this Approvers name save as 'DomainNameUserName'. I would like to display the Complete name of that user.

I have another Smartobject which fetch data from AD. 

My problem is that how i can assosiate this two smartobject result to show the Display name of user on my SmartForms.

Hi,

I tried to do it in many ways and I couldn't show the display name insted of K2:DomainName

so I just removed "K2:Domain" and left the Name.

Please check the attached images.

Hope its useful

12481i0E235E1703B953F6.png
14566i83A2B93AB607BBCC.png
13424i034AA0296BBE2023.png

Hello,

would it be an option for you to include that logic on the view/form itself? You could first call the 'Activity_Instance_Destination' SmO to retrieve the fully qualified name, store it in some (hidden?) control on the SmartForm and then do a second SmartObject call to retrieve the display name from AD, taking the 'storage control' as input.

This does mean that you have to repeat this process for every view/form where you want this functionality, if this is unacceptable another option would be to create a custom (advanced) smartobject: here you can 'chain together' different SmartObject calls. For more info on creating your own SmO's check the K2 documentation:

http://help.k2.com/files/4512

Hey Guys Thanks for your reply,

@Steve91- In my case destination name is not full name so i cant used this method.

@ @MDC- i had tried creating new composite smartobject but it will create new tables. it not merge two output of SO.

is there any other way to achive this.

Since i am using Listview to disply the output. how i can pass output at each row??