Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a memo data type field that i used in my smartforms but it won't allow me to put more than 100 chars?!

Im getting this error when i save: "... property has a too long value of the Memo. The maximum lenght allowed is 100 characters"

How can i adjust this limit in smartforms or any workaround?

This could be a bug as  I thought the memo data type has varchar(max) lenght , that is why i used memo data type as i have an input requirement that can be more than 100 chars.

Please advise

Thanks

Are you using a SmartBox based Smartobject?  The default for the text smartbox field is 100 characters.  You might want to check your smartobject.

I've created my smartobjects vai smarforms designer, and the data type is memo field so its not a text smartbox field and its a memo field. When i use it in my smartforms it was a textarea control and not a textbox control

Please advise what to check or where to change this limits.

Thanks

Rupert

I think i already fix this and i feel this is a bug. Here it is to save you time (unlike me..)

The original design of my smartobjects is to have a text field property and then i realize i have to change it to memo field because it needs a bit of information (over 100 chars) so i edit the smartobject  via smartforms designer which looks ok as it apears correct as it shows memo as its data type field..

But testing this its still giving me an error that "..property has a too long value of the Memo. The maximum lenght allowed is 100 characters". WTH??!!

Then when i look on the K2 Smartbox database the field has not change and its datatype is still navarchar(100)!!!  Tried changing this to nvarchar(max) still no joy!

So I've removed the smartobject field but it won't allow me to add it again with the same name!!! And i've checked again in the database, the field is still there! With permissions to our DBA i've removed this field first and this time i was able to add the field with a memo data type field via smarforms designer and with further testing its now working!!

Thanks

Rupert

I have done all of the above, that I can't even see the fields in the smartobjects. However, the smartobjects service tester. Yet, I get the error of the duplicated names.

I've been there once because I was changing the ID and key names, so I thought I'd re-create the SO then. But now, this is ridiculous and there is no way I can re-create my SOs. I will recreate these fields again, but with a different name, but there should be a solution for this (it's been a week since I deleted my fields!).

There is another workaround to this:

Firstly, export the SmartObject using the SmartObject Service Tester:

1. Run the SmO Service Tester (K2 blackpearlinSmartObject Service Tester.exe)

2. Locate the SmartObject under the SmartObject explorer tree

3. Right Click on the SmartObject and select “To Sodx”

4. Save it to a location of your choice.

Then, open K2 Studio/K2 Designer for Visual Studio:

1. Create a new K2 Project

2. Under Solution Explorer, Right click on the Project > Add > Existing Item > Sodx file saved earlier]

3. Double click on the added SmartObject

4. Locate the affected SmartObject property

5. Change the type to “Text”

6. Save and deploy

7. Go back and change the type to “Memo”

8. Save and redeploy