Skip to main content

Symptoms

Below are the 2 list view options that I would like to change using rules or some workaround.

_1: The list view is setup initially as "paging enabled" under view settings, with is as desired to start with, but when I view this under the "Read only" state of the form view, I would like to have all the rows displayed without paging. its because I convert this view state to PDF which needs to show all rows. So the question is, is there a rule that i can use to change the view settings either whit rule and change based on a parameter/query string value?

_2: When the list view is in edit mode for a certain selected row, the user needs to click the save button or any other event for the edit to be committed, is there a way to automatically commit when the focus is lost/out of the list view, without have to click the save for the last edited row?

Diagnoses

This can be done with multiple views.

Resolution

_1: The best way to do this would be to have 2 different views. One with Paging enabled and the other without it enabled. When a user needs to convert to a PDF, show the view without Paging and create the PDF from there. You can open this view up as a subview** or navigate to the view in a different tab.

_2: The easiest way to do this is to add a Save method to the "When the view executed List item changed" rule. You can look in the "When Save Toolbar Button is clicked" for the correct configuration of the Save method.

Be the first to reply!