Skip to main content

Hi,

I am working on a workflow that creates sites on sharepoint online. We need to restrict a group to read only permissions for this  new site while granting this same group contribute permission for a list in this site (breaking permissions inheritence and assigning new permission for this list)

I checked the smart object methods of my sharepoint site smartobject, and it seems there isnt a direct approach towards implementing this.

How do I go on with this?

Hi Tejas, 

I believe you can do this in sharepoint itself, what version of sharepoint do you have ? 

Once you have confirmed this for me I will be able to better assist.

Regards, 

Percy

I am using office 365 version of sharepoint. I want to implement a smartform that lets sp online users manage permissions (site collection level, list level and site level). Only level I am able to modify permissions is at the site collection level.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

This is currently not possible.

There might be more functionality released in a future release of K2 for SharePoint, keep an eye out for the release notes with each new K2 release.

Regards,

JohanL

Hi,

Thanks for confirming. I am using event recievers to create a group on site provisioning to meet my requirements. They work just fine,

Thanks again.