Skip to main content

Hello,

We have an infopath bases process that send the form to the user's manager for approval. However, we would like it so that if the initial submitter is of a certain management level, it is not sent to his/her manager (automatically approved). Essentially, if the submitter is a normal user, his her manager needs to approve it. If it's submitted by a VP or higher, it's automatically approved.

We maintain a list of usernames in both a SQL tables and sharepoint of managers who don't need approval. If we have an activity that has the originator's manager set for approval, is there a way to code the activity to be skipped or expired if the originator's name exists in this SQL table or list?

Thanks,
Jason

No, I don't think there's any fail-safe way to change the normal behaviour of an Activity. I would recommend manipulating the flow by the use of process level variables and LineRules i.e. in an Activity preceding the approval step, determine the management level of the originator and direct flow PAST the approval step if the person's level is high enough.

Regards,
Ockert