Skip to main content

Hello

This relates to K2 blackpearl v4.6.2 (4.12060)

When logged in as a user with Server Admin rights (including K2 Service account, K2 Workspace account) we are not seeing the Management or Security tabs in the K2 Workspace.

If I try to manually navigate to the URL /workspace/management I get the following:

"You do not have the necessary permissions to view this page. Please contact your administrator for more information."

The user is authenticated correctly, the account name is shown at the top of the page, and the task list correctly loads and shows tasks for the user.

I have tried running the server in console mode and no error messages are logged when the user visits the home page or tries to access the /workspace/management URL.

We have tried reinstalling the Workspace site using the K2 Configuration Manager using a  new application pool. This didn't make any difference.

The K2 Administration console within SharePoint works fine and allows us to view and confirm the Server Rights, Roles, etc.

Any ideas??

An update: I tried changing the K2 Workspace database to a new database using the Configuration Manager. This allowed us to get into the Management Console..... but it broke the rest of the K2 Workspace, so ONLY the Management Console worked. Inspecting the new Workspace database it seemed that all the tables had been created empty, so it hadn't been initialised properly.

Finished up uninstalling K2 and reinstalling from scratch with new databases all round. Luckily just a test environment so nothing lost or requiring migration.

Since you have re-installed everything, the following is just for your info.

By default, all users have access to menu items in K2 Workspace. Unless permissions are specified for a menu item for a specific group or list of users, that item is open to all users.

If you open the user permissions screen (in Security > Workspace Permissions) for a particular menu group, and there are no users listed, it means that all users are authorized. Adding a user to this menu group will grant permissions to that user AND REVOKE PERMISSIONS FROM ALL OTHER USERS.

Backup K2Workspace database. Truncate [K2Workspace].[dbo].[ActionPermissions] table will reset all the permissions. After truncate, restart K2 service.