Skip to main content

Hi All,

I would like to make an action available to be completed in the worklist without the user having to open the task, however the "Make the action available without opening the work item" tick box is greyed out on the Add Action and Edit Action pages in the Configure Actions wizard.

In addition, the two radio buttons beneath labeled "This action will complete the work item." and "This action will update the work item." are also greyed out.

Can someone please shed some light on this? I am using blackpoint, is this a limitation and something that is only available in blackpearl? Or a bug perhaps? I haven't been able to find anything in either the documentation or on here.

I have also created a new process from scratch just in case there was something wrong with my existing process.

Blackpoint version is 0902 (4.9040.3.0) running on Windows Server 2008 and SQL 2005.

Regards,
Daniel.

Those greyed out options are not available for SharePoint Workflow Integration Tasks.  Because of the way we have done the integration with SharePoint those options are not available.  If you build an InfoPath based process with InfoPath Client Event tasks you will be able to use those options.

Regards,

Eric

Thanks Eric for your response. Unfortunately we do not have InfoPath in this environment, as we are using WSS 3. It seems a bit strange to me why this option wouldn't be available? The K2 process obviously would have a reference to the task in the SharePoint tasks list, so I can't see this being the problem?

So, by the sounds of it there is probably no way around this other than InfoPath, am I right?