Skip to main content

Hi All,

i am using K2 blackpearl for workflow attched to a list in Sharepoint 2013.

I have a smartform with 5 views within it. one of the view contains attachment control which add the attchemnt in sharepoint list.

my requirement is to make the file attachment mandatory. the user must not able to submit the worklist item until the file is attached and not empty.

can anyone please help me with this requirement, Thanks in advance.

Jagan

Hi.

You can try ticking the required checkbox for the attachment property in the smartObject. Then when you try clicking the submit button , it should give out an error requiring the user to attach something.  Hope that helps.

Hi,

thanks for your help

tried this way but the form shows an error and completes the worklist item. my requirement is until the attachment is attached the submit must not submit and worklist dont execute.

thanks,

Jagan

Hi Jaganathan

You can use the validation rule. Add a condition to your rule  "The form/view passes validation" and when you configure this, select the attachment control as required.

Only downside to this approach is that the attachment control will not outline red when it is empty like other fields.

Other approach is to use an advanced condition to check if the attachment is empty.

Hi,

in my case i dont have a button in the form to submit. i am using K2 designer and when the form loads it shows the workflow activity on bottom of the page. attached is the view of the worklist item. so i dont have possibility to validate the controls before submitting. 

please let me know how i can achieve this. any help is higly appreciable.

thanks

13988i0E1C6A378308290C.png

Hi Jaganathan

I typically don't use the default worklist item view, so i'm not sure if you can see or modify the submit button rule.

I would suggest if you can't, then create your own worklist action view, and then you can create your own submit rule and implement the validation. 

thanks a ton.. it works!!