Skip to main content

Hi All,

I'm getting some error like "There is no connection string for the destination email address system@k2.local" whenever there is an email trigger in workflow.

I'm using only SMTP and not exchange.Even after setting Authentication type as Windows,still facing the same issue.

Also  not able to open ConnectionStringEditor to check connection strings.I'm getting some exception mentioned below:

System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: Failed to decrypt using provider 'K2ConfigurationKey'. Error message from the provider: The RSA key container could not be opened. (C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlHost ServerBinK2HostServer.exe.config line 132) ---> System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException: The RSA key container could not be opened.
at System.Configuration.RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider.ThrowBetterException(Boolean keyMustExist)
at System.Configuration.RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider.GetCryptoServiceProvider(Boolean exportable, Boolean keyMustExist)
at System.Configuration.RsaProtectedConfigurationProvider.Decrypt(XmlNode encryptedNode)
at System.Configuration.ProtectedConfigurationSection.DecryptSection(String encryptedXml, ProtectedConfigurationProvider provider)
at System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.DecryptSection(String encryptedXml, ProtectedConfigurationProvider protectionProvider, ProtectedConfigurationSection protectedConfigSection)
at System.Configuration.Internal.DelegatingConfigHost.DecryptSection(String encryptedXml, ProtectedConfigurationProvider protectionProvider, ProtectedConfigurationSection protectedConfigSection)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.CallHostDecryptSection(String encryptedXml, ProtectedConfigurationProvider protectionProvider, ProtectedConfigurationSection protectedConfig)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.DecryptConfigSection(ConfigXmlReader reader, ProtectedConfigurationProvider protectionProvider)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.EvaluateOne(Stringn] keys, SectionInput input, Boolean isTrusted, FactoryRecord factoryRecord, SectionRecord sectionRecord, Object parentResult)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.Evaluate(FactoryRecord factoryRecord, SectionRecord sectionRecord, Object parentResult, Boolean getLkg, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(String configKey, Boolean getLkg, Boolean checkPermission, Boolean getRuntimeObject, Boolean requestIsHere, Object& result, Object& resultRuntimeObject)
at System.Configuration.Configuration.GetSection(String sectionName)
at ConnectionStringEditor.MainForm.LoadConnectionStrings()
at ConnectionStringEditor.MainForm.OnActivated(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmActivate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

I checked the STMP server and its working fine.
Please help me out to fix this issue.

Environment type: Development (development license)

Thanks and Regards
Vishal

15603i3BCEE1107914F3A1.png
12044iE4AB704744FD9B6B.png
10998iE4871F36995EA151.png

Hi,

As per the error message, it clearly says you have not configured email setting, when you havent configured exchange configuration, installer defaults with the email address value as "System@k2.local".

Open the Connection string editor and add an entry.  To open connection string, right click and select run as administrator, it should open connection string editor for you.

Cheers,

Prajwal Shambhu

Check your service account rights for that RSA error.

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/K2blackpearl/ICG/current/webframe.html#Before_K2ServiceAccount.html

Ensure it has full rights over %ALLUSERSPROFILE%Application DataMicrosoftCryptoRSA

Yes,the issue with connection editor was due to permissions and now i'm able to open it up.The configuration settings looks good as we want to use the same default system@k2.local address.(PFA the screenshot)

But still facing the same issue.

13326i3D6ACF2EFA173B6D.png
13773iF479A590A1AC8C10.png

Was the Authentication already set as Windows when you opened it up? Try setting the second one to Anonymous, save the changes and restart the K2 blackpearl service. Each time you make changes to the connection strings, you need to restart the service for changes to take effect.

No,I just made the settings as windows as i'm not using exchange.

I tried to make the second one as Anonymous but issue still persists  .I do use to follow service restart  and iisreset after any kind of K2 configuration change. 

Do you have anymore suggestions to fix it up?

Last thing I would try would be to remove all the exchange and smtp connection strings, and just add back the smtp connection string for system@k2.local. 

Thanks a lot everyone for replying .

Actual issue was related to authentication and i got the solution from http://community.k2.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/TKB_blackpearl/article-id/1957