Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a K2 blackpearl Process with asp pages. In this process I have email events. But within these events I get the following error message:
"No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it".

I have checked all settings and I think the settings are correct.

thx,

Yes, this has randomly happened to me also...

...and do you have a solution for this?

thx
Wish I had... :-(

Have you tried checking if there are any errors in the logs or tried running the K2 server in console mode with logging turned on to "All"?  This might give you further clues on which area is causing the problem.  The error message you mentioned is a pretty generic error indicating a server communication error.

where do I turn the logging to "All"?

The log Files are in "C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlHost ServerBin". Is that right.

thx,

Hi Jochen,

Error files are in the directory you mentioned.

To control the level of logging in the console, modify the following file.
C:Program FilesK2 blackpearlHost ServerBinHostServerLogging.config
The following line controls the level of logging, this can be changed by modify the LogLevel value. "All" logs everything.

<LogLocation Name="ConsoleExtension" Active="True" LogLevel="All" />

After changing this, you need to restart the K2 server again.

Hi Jonny,

I have changed this setting but there is no error file created.
I run the k2 Server in console mode but there is also no more detailed error message.

Cheers,
Jochen

There was a problem with the virus scan. Now it works.

Glad to hear that you got it resolved.   I do remember having issues with the Macafee Policy agent running with K2.net 2003 but that had a different error message(Some CDO error message).

In the Event View I got the message
Source: McLogEvent
Event ID: 257

I will translate the description:
"Blocked through port block rule (standard virus protection: send email throug mass worm mail avoided)"

So we have disabled this in Macafee and now it works.