Skip to main content

I am trying to use a lookup formula within a calculated field on a Nintex form to display a value from a custom list named "Local Job Codes LookUp" where I have two fields, one named "Local Job Code" and another named "Local Job Code Title".  The named control on the list where the form reside is called "LocalJobCode w/o quotes.

What I would like to happen is that when the the Local Job Code is selected on the form the Local Job Code Title display the related value.  I am using the formula below but all it does is say, "Loading..." and then doesn't display anything.  I've tried different configurations but I cannot seem to get this to function properly.

Any advice would be much appreciate. 

Formula Builder

lookup("Local Job Codes LookUp","Local Job Code",LocalJobCode,"Local Job Code Title")

Local Job Codes LookUp List

Form Fields

Hi there!

May I ask what version of SharePoint & version of Nintex Forms you're using?

Also, I'd like to ask if these are the actual names of your columns (Local Job Code Title) and not just a display (where the actual column might be named LJCT but the full display name is Local Job Code Title). 

Another question... the dropdown, "Local Job Code" -- is this using the List Lookup functionality to draw in it's choices, such as 000161? If so, you may need to do parseLookup(LocalJobCode) inside of your lookup.

Let me know if anything needs clarification!

Cheers,

rhia

Hi Rhia,

The SP version is 2010 and Nintex Forms is Version is 1.5.4.1

Yes, these are the actual field column names.

You are correct, the "Local Job Code" is using List Lookup functionality from within SharePoint itself.

I added the parseLookup and that did the trick; thanks so much for your help as this was driving me a bit mad.

Formula Builder

lookup("Local Job Codes LookUp","Local Job Code",parseLookup(LocalJobCode),"Local Job Code Title")

Local Job Code Field