Skip to main content

When extracting the value from a lookup field in a Sharepoint list, the value is something like ID;#Name. However, when I try to use this value to search in a different list using this value, I have an error in the event, something like "Incorrect string format" and the workflow ends in error. While searching the forum for a solution, I found that lookup columns are not supported in Blackpoint, with special reference to K2 Web Designer.

Of course, testing with Web Designer, I have an error immediately, when connecting to the list containing the lookup field. The error above is when using K2 Studio provided with K2 Blackpoint. I know there are workarounds, such as using Infopath forms to collect the data initially or generate forms, but the customer does not want to go on that path. They want to use the default forms in Sharepoint and start the K2 workflow when a new item is created in this particular list.

Anyone knows any workaround to have only the Name part from the value retrieved from a lookup field and leaving out the ID and special characters?

Thanks for any ideas

hi,
we have solved this problem by using a custom webservice. The input for the webservice is the variable where you store the lookup column and the ws return a substring of them (string after 😵. A very simple method but it works.
Hope this helps.