Skip to main content

We just had K2 installed last week. I'm looking to create a .NET page that displays all available Processes (not ones already active and not a worklist) but all available processes so a user can click on the Process name to start a new process.

I downloaded the ProcessInstanceVersionMigrator to get a feel for how it works but our version of the API doesnt have the WorkflowManagementServer class which has the GetProcSets() method.

Does anybody know how to get the list in C#?

we are on version 4.10060.1.0

thanks

Ok. I must have just missed the WorkFlowManagementServer in the API. I have found it and followed the code presented in the ProcessInstanceVersionMigrator but now I am getting the APICommunicationException (Error Receiving Buffer)

Anyone else seen this?

thanks again

Hi,

An "Error Receiving Buffer" exception usually means you are connecting to the incorrect port. For the Workflow Management Server you need to connect to the 5555 port. If you are not using this port, change your connection string so that it uses this port.

Please remember that you need to specify a user in the connection string with K2 Server Admin priviledges for this API call to work. I think the method you will use to get all the processes is called GetProcSets().

I hope this helps.

thanks JohanL. That wasit. I was still using the Client port of 5252 and not 5555.

nice work.