Skip to main content
I have an InfoPath K2 Workflow that escalates the workflow to different users at specific intervals if the users have not submitted the form. Some of the users are complaining that they are unable to submit the form and I believe the workflow has already escalated them. The InfoPath form does call the CanISubmit when the form is opened to warn the user they are not currently assigned to the workflow and will be unable to submit. This does display who is accessing the workflow in the K2 Server console.

Is there a way to log the K2 Server Console (while running as a service) to a file or to log the CanISubmit web service so I can tell if they have attempted to open the form before it has escalated?
Hi,

You can configure the K2 Server to log all the activity as you ll see it in Console mode to a file. To do so, open up K2 Service Manager, connect to your K2 Server, right-click on it and select Properties . Select the Advanced tab and you will see a group box labeled K2.net Server activity . Check the Trace textbox, click OK and restart your K2 Server service.

This will create a file called K2Server.log in the <%Install Dir%>in directory (assuming that you left the default name in steps above) and log all the messages in there. Just remember that this logging will require extra resources and be sure to turn it off once you re done troubleshooting.