Skip to main content

To reproduce:

1) Create a Nintex form with a list view of a document library that is filter by the value of a control on the form.

2) Open one of the documents in the list view.

3) Close the document out of Word

4) The Nintex form refreshes and loses it's filter value, displaying all of the documents in the library

We're using Nintex 2013 on-prem. Anyone else seeing this behavior? Any idea on workarounds? We can have users right click on the document link and open in a new tab, but that's not the first action users try so it's a training issue.

I tried a few workarounds, including a calculated field to build a link out. The Name field for document libraries isn't available in calculated fields apparently. So the best solution I could come up with was to have a workflow populate a hyperlink column on document creation. The resulting link forces the user to download the document instead of opening it from SharePoint like the Name column does. For our specific use, this should be passable. But I could see other uses where not losing the filtering after opening and editing a document from a list view on a Nintex form would be needed. 

Steven,

I experienced a similar issue with the List View filtering By a control's value.  If you opened, edited and saved an item as modal in the List View from the main item in display mode it caused the filter to break when it gets posted back.  If you did the same thing with the main item in edit mode the filter stayed intact.

My solution was to change the Filter listed items option to By a specified value.

Hope this helps.

-JC