Skip to main content

Symptoms

On an editable List control, when attempting to edit a list item the data within each of the controls in the list item displays incorrectly. There are screenshots attached before and after.

All the dropdown boxes populate with incorrect data and when expanding each one it does not seem to return to its normal state. (see image after)

Please refer to screenshots Association, Configuration and Configuration2 on the ticket.

Diagnoses

When you create an associated SMO, you then bind the control to use the main SMO that the list is generated from and then select the 'Show items from an associated SmartObject' radio button.
I did this on my end and I can confirm that the drop-down control is empty at run time.

Resolution

Creating a composite SMO (from SMO's that have a property to join) and then simply right-click on the main SMO and generate an editable list, the configuration of the control will already automatically pick up just the CardType SMO, without using the 'Show items from an associated SmartObject'. Using the configuration on screenshot 'Configuration' and 'Configuration2' will now populate the control with relevant data.

You have 3 days to accept or reject this resolution. If you feel like the issue persists, please reject the resolution and provide more details. Otherwise, please take this opportunity to submit feedback via the link included in this message.

Be the first to reply!