Skip to main content

Hello,

I have already finished the Workflow on K2Studio, saved, and deployed.

Also, the SmartForm is ready (using K2 Designer).

Now I want them to work together, but I can't find the right way. I mean, I found how to start the workflow (using the Action "Start Workflow"), but I can't find what it should be done after workflow was started.

On the main smartForm theres is a drop down menu to Approve or Reject, and on the Workflow there are both Outcomes lines too.

How do I link SmartForm with Workflow? I saw the Temporary Access Tutorial video, but still have no clue about it.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

To integrate your workflow with your SmartForms, use the SmartForms Integration Wizard in your workflow. In your K2 Studio, you should be able to locate the SmartForrms Integration wizard. To use it, just drag it to your Start activity and the wizard will appear. You do not really need to manually create the actions control in your form. You will be prompted to select where you want to place the actions control in the form. I have included a reference that you will be helpful to you.

12595iA78025495CB74CC9.png

Reference:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/current/default.htm#k2_forms_integration_wizard.html

Dear , 

On ur main/first smartform , u need to use "start workflow" action , as u mentioned ,

on other smartforms for other steps , u need to use "Action worklist item" action , in this action u specificy the "action" field , to be approve or reject or redirect or wt ever , all of this could be configured in its "Configure" part .

Hope it helps!

Regards.

That's what I was looking for. Thanks (and kudos) for both.

I am sorry. I configured Smartform Integration, and added Action Worklist. Drag and drop SerialNo parameter: on the SmartForm and on the WorkFlow, but I am getting INVALID SERIAL NUMBER when I try to go forward on the WorkFlow.

SerialNo is a parameter with an automatic value or I should assign a value?

Thanks,

Will.

Dear ,

Couldnt understand wts the issue , but , follow the following steps i hope they help , 

on ur initiator form (the form where u wanna start ur workflow)

1-To an event for example button click , add the following action "Start a workflow"

U will need to provide a "foolio" for the configure part of "start a workflow"

2-on any other smart form u r using , u will use "Action worklist item" , 

in this action u will need to provide the Serial No. from the right pane expand parameters , and u need to specificy the activity this form is used ON ,

for example if u initiated a workflow , first activity is called A , second activity is called B , 

when u add Action worklist item , u need to specify that this form is Activity B , then u configure it ,

Note : if u initiate the workflow successfuly , i assume u have issue in second step , probably u r specifying the worng activity for the wrong form , because in workflow , there is only 1 serial number and it changes between each activity .

Hope it helps!

Regards.

Ahmad, 

Still getting the message. As you said, issue is on the second step. Workflow starts fine, but the first event fails (defaultEventClient). Attached I am sending the configuration I have for the second step on the Form and on the WorkFlow. Both SerialNo seem to be fine.

Also, my Folio is called: FolioNewTicket (but in spanish)

Edit: I do not know if it has something to do with the SerialNo error, but my WF starts on smartForm1, and the following steps are from smartForm2. I only use "start Workflow" on form1, and on form2 I use  "Action worklist"

Thanks

13993iC2FA4C52FC64B64F.png
16356i45E66C8F6B5695BD.png

Dear ,

I do believe that u r using the wrong event , 

Default client event is used if u want to integrate ASPX pages into the workflow ,

What u r looking for is "SmartForm client event" , this is the event where u integrate the smartforms u made using "K2 designer" with ur workflow ,

Please try using "SmartForm client event" and hope it helps u find the solution ,

15181i0B9C3226D5F07317.png

Regards.

Still the message.

Steps I did:

On Workflow:

1)I replaced the DefaultClientEvent with SmartFormClientEvent, and followed the wizard:

2)Assigned a Form.

3)Configure where to open the worklist

4)Configure the Action and Outcome

5) And NEXT to everthing else.

6) Then Save and Deploy

On K2 Designer:

Add a call to the workflow on Form1 (with Folio configured), and use Action Worklist on Form2 (with SerialNo and Action name)

Is that all? Because on the Wizard for SmartFormClientEvent, the SerialNo is already configured and not enabled for modify,  should I send and receive parameters?

Dear ,

I cant figure out where the issue exactly is , but i have a simple idea u may wanna try ,

Create 2 forms , AForm and BForm ,

create 3 activities in workflow , (Start "Which takes AForm" , Second Activity "Which takes BForm" , Third activity that takes place holder "empty one")

Add 1 action to the BForm activity which is submit , and connect the lines between start and BForm , and the BForm activity after configuring the Smartform client event it will auto generate the outcome line , then connect it to the third activity that has place holder ,

deploy it then go back to AForm , and add a rule on a button click "start workflow" and provide a foolio ,

Then go to ur BForm and add a button event with action worklist item (BForm Activity) , provide serial number and action name which is "Submit" ,

this should start from AForm , goin to BForm , then finish the workflow ,

then if it goes right , compare it with the workflow u already got and hope u find the issue ,

Regards.

AHmad,

following all your help post, I deleted and created the wf again (omg!) and it worked.

Thanks!