Link to flexitask that auto completes form

• 12 October 2016
  • 7 replies

Badge +2

Hi,

I am creating a workflow that is initiated by reports being emailed to our company.  Some users will get up to 10 tasks a day from this process so I am looking at ways to make the process as streamlined as possible.

The task is a flexi-task with 5 options.  But 60% of cases might be one specific option of "dont worry about this, acknowledge recieved and end workflow"

I would like to add a link or button to the task email that opens the flexi-task. Automatically selects the specific outcome, (and other checkboxes / radio buttons on the form if possible), and then automatically selects ok.  In this way, it will be a bit like a lazy approval in that if user just wants to push the workflow through they can just click one link on their email and dont have to go though the whole form.  

Is this or any alternative solution that would do something similar possible?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ryan

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I think it could be doable:

- there is 'Approval URL' reference that you can place into notification and which navigates you directly to task approval form.

- to prefill values into controls you can do it by configuration (for some controls) or you can set them from javascript or you can handover their values via URL link you place into notification

- to autoconfirm task form would as well be possible from javascript, but I personally wouldn't do that. One important reason is that if a user mis-click the link he/she will not get change to revert, and the other is that some control are populated asynchronously and your only chance how to ensure all the controls are already populated will be to setup some delay.

Badge +2

Hi Marian,

Thanks very much for your reply.  You say you can "handover their values via URL link you place in notification"  

That sound like exactly what I'm looking for.

Do you know of any syntax guides for how I might be able to do that?

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

have a look on GetQueryString() inline function.

look here for an usage example  

Badge +2

Thanks very much for your help Marian.

Works like a charm happy.png

Badge +2

Hmm,

Not sure if I should ask this as a separate question.  The URL works great for everything.  Except I can't seem to set a default value for "Decision"

The Default value I want is 1002 - I have a calculated field that shows that in the published workflow but I can't seem to set it as that.

I use this formula which works for other fields:

fn-If(fn-Contains(fn-GetQueryString(QuickClose),"Yes"),1002,"")

I've tried replacing 1002 with "1002", a variable that is set to 1002 but nothing seems to work.  I then got rid of the formula and tried anything to just set a default value and none of that seems to work either- any ideas?

Badge +2

Marian,

You are helping me out months before I even have the problem happy.png

Thanks, I found the solution i needed in you previous post:  

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

you're welcome.

I knew you will need it happy.png