Skip to main content

I built the following LDAP query to retrieve the display name of a user but the results come back empty. I created a variable to capture/display any errors and, after some work, resolved any returned errors.

(&(objectClass=user)(samaccountname={WorkflowVariable:justUserName}))

The variable justUserName is correctly showing just the AD name (Windows ID) without the domain.

I created displayName as a variable and as a property to retrieve and presume this is where the AD query will deposit the result.

No luck.

Trying the alternative method of calling a SharePoint web service, /_vti_bin/UserGroup.asm, the Item Properties option to select domain/username is not present for the Web service input field.

I'm striking out and looking for leads on how to resolve this.

I have the same issue and have tried different combinations of LDAP query (Category=people, etc), No luck.

I'll let you know if I find anything and hopefully support will respond

I found that the last solution using the display name in a list lookup works well. If that will work for you.

https://community.nintex.com/message/2227?sr=search&searchId=3753f6d0-60e9-49f1-a0a0-316b20168f34&searchIndex=6#2227

Thanks, Ben.  Nintex replied to me with the same recommendation that are found at the tail end of the link above. It certainly solves the immediate problem while I push on the longer-term issue.

It  appears access to LDAP and webservices both is a permissions and security issue that will require some controls to be put into place.

Hello,

We also receive empty results in LDAP Query, but sadly we are trying to use it to receive property not in Sharepoint user profile. So workaround doesn't meet our requirements.

Anybody solved this?