Skip to main content

Is it possible within a Workflow  to loop thru all items in a list and determine if an attachment has been modified ?  My goal is to send out an email if someone modified an attachment, but I do not want to send out an email if the list properties have been modified (any column other than Atttachment)...

Ideas/suggestions ?

Currently there's no Nintex feature or information to do this. I think that not even could do it with a SharePoint feature or information. 

You could write some code so as to get information from attachment ( See Files and folders REST API reference ) but I think it is not enough because you'd need to make some comparisons with item Modified column and the property TimeLastModified of the attached file. It's a hard work.

you could consider storing of files in document library instead of attaching them to list items.

in document library you would be able to trigger a workflow on document upload or change events.

I remember a similar question being asked but can't find it.  There's not an easy way to determine if the attachment changed.  suggestion would be better.

https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-SharePoint-Forum/Notify-only-when-someone-attaches-a-file-to-an-item/m-p/45451#M37612

Was having same requirement. Found above method useful.