Skip to main content

I had a user ask this question, and I haven't been able to come up with any ideas. I'm hoping somebody in the community has done something similar and might share how it was accomplished.

I have a pretty simple workflow that is kicked off via an InfoPath form template, reviewed a couple of times, and then saved to a form library once approved. What we've found is that users occasionally need to submit the exact same form (has a lot of manually enetered data) a second or third time at later dates. The user has asked if there was a way for them to open the previously saved form, make a comple of changes, and re-submit it as a new workflow (with updated timestamps).

Has anyone done anything similar? Possibly integrated a button in to the form that clears/resets values and allows the form to be submitted again?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think this should be too difficult to do. I know one can start a new workflow from uploaded InfoPath templates (always needed to hide the default buttons on a read-only view to prevent this). So my guess would be that you can do it by having a button on the read-only view that reads "Submit as New", that will change the view to the submit view and reset all relevant data. From there on you should be able to handle this as if it was a brand new submission.

dc,

It works! I created a button to switch to the Start view, reset the K2 fields, specifically "SN", and it submits without error.

A couple tweaks to ensure distinct folio and file name, and it's cruising right along.

Thanks!