Skip to main content
I have a process that has several statuses. Approved, Rejected and Needs Discussion. When Needs Discussion is selected, it needs to fire off an email but stay on the current person's worklist and not move on. Is this possible and how would I do that?

Thanks,

Rhonda
Hi Rhonda,

From your explanation, I assume you ve got an Approval activity which the Originator s manager should act on. This person should select one of three statuses Approved, Rejected or Needs Discussion.

I would use 3 lines out of the Approval Activity with Line rules for each status. Obviously Approved and Rejected will force the process flow in different directions. The Needs Discussion line should redirect flow to another Activity (Request Discussion) containing a Server mail event. Connect another line from Request Discussion back to Approval activity to re-instantiate the Approval activity.

In this way, the Approver will finish a worklist item by selecting Needs Discussion and submitting the form, but another worklist item will appear as soon as the mail has been sent out. Please note that the first and second worklist items will have different serial numbers so his/her worklist will have to be refreshed after each submission.

Hope this makes sense.