Skip to main content
I'm getting an error in K2Server (3.6262.1.0 SP4) in windows 2003 which is preventing users from working or even to access the service manager. I have to restart k2.net server service to get it working again. This is happenning every day more than once

I haven´t got a clue how to solve this. .Net Framework corrupted? user permissions?

This is the error in the EventViewer:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET RuntimeEvent Category: None
Event ID: 0
Date: 29-05-2007
Time: 14:21:28
User: N/A
Computer: HCDCL06
Description:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .NET Runtime version 1.1.4322.2359- K2Server.exe - Common Language Runtime Debugging Services: Application has generated an exception that could not be handled.
Process id=0x1e8c (7820), Thread id=0x1344 (4932).

Click OK to terminate the application.
Click CANCEL to debug the application..

Can anyone help me?
thanks
This seems a little elusive since the error seems to be a .NET error rather than one that the K2 server is able to catch.

Just to confirm, is this error only showing up in the windows event log and not showing up at all in the K2 error logs. I'm assuming there are no errors in the K2 Service manager.

Are you able to correlate any certain behavior with when this error occurs? To look for evidence of some corresponding K2 behavior/event, you could enable K2 logging and compare the K2 log timestamps with the Windows event log errors that K2 is creating.

You said this is a production box. Have you tried more drastic things like rebooting the server, backing up the database and reinstalling K2, reinstalling .NET framework etc?
When did the problem start to occur? Did you add a new process around that time?

In Windows Services, did you configure k2server service to self recovery by restarting itself?

Are you running Win2003 SP2?
I have seen similar errors once or twice before and if I remember correctly it had to do with the number of connections opened but not closed - not sure why a framework error is being thrown though.

The only recommendation I can make would be to generate a K2.net Server trace file from the time you start it to the next failure. Open a formal support ticket and attach this trace.

Regards,
Ockert
Is this error only showing up in the windows event log and not showing up at all in the K2 error logs. I'm assuming there are no errors in the K2 Service manager.
I didn't see K2 error log. Is it the option trace in the advanced tab in k2.net server properties in service manager?

Are you able to correlate any certain behavior with when this error occurs? When did the problem start to occur? Did you add a new process around that time?
I can't correlate with nothing, i don´t know when it did start exactly or if it was added some process because i didn't install K2 or created/deployed any process(other company did it and they are not here anymore), i was called by the client to solve the problems left.

In Windows Services, did you configure k2server service to self recovery by restarting itself?
Yes

Are you running Win2003 SP2?
No, just win2003 SP1

I have seen similar errors once or twice before and if I remember correctly it had to do with the number of connections opened but not closed
What type of connections?

I forgot to mention that K2.Net is installed on Active/Passive cluster environment but is only configured in one of the servers.

I changed (in the k2.Net server properties) the .Net framework version from v1.1.4322 to v2.0.50727, it hasn't crashed since.
Not sure if it's going to work.

thank you for all your help
Rui