Skip to main content

Hi everybody,

I stuck with this repetitive issue while running the VS.NET 2005 in many different machines after installing the BP VS.NET component. First off, the Beta releases of BP were installed before in those servers and It worked just fine.

Now, in the release version I have this error message that indicates a failure in creating BP project:

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
The application for project 'C:Documents and Settingsk2adminLocal SettingsTemp1
q0mslgr.0doTempK2EmptyProject4.k2proj' is not installed.

Make sure the application for the project type (.k2proj) is installed.
OK   Help   

Is there any hint to solve this issue or do I need to re-install BP in a clean machine?

Thanks in advanced!

Cheers, 

Hi Geek

It is strongly recommended that a "clean" system be used to install this release. This strategy will ensure that no conflicts with previously installed components may arise.

Also any previous versions of K2 BlackPearl must be uninstalled before this release can be installed.

Regards

Wessel

Hi,

Thanks for your reply...

I started a new scenario in a clean installation and it works just fine! All components have been installed perfectly without any obstacles.

Regards.

Saleh 

I am not as lucky.  I have uninstalled and re-installed blackpearl on a Vista client 3 times today without success.  When I go into K2 Studio Designer and create a project and click on K2 workflow, I get the message that k2proj is not supported with this installation.  What am I doing wrong?

Hi,

i am also facing similar problem,i opened K2 studio designer,open new project,then in project template under K2,i  did not find any K2 balckpearl project templates.hw can i solve this problem.

I had a perfectly running Visual Studio 2005 application, with K2 successfully installed.  I had created and deployed multiple workflows successfully.  I then had a requirement that meant that I had to uninstall MOSS 2007 from the same machine I had K2 running on.

This meant that I had to run the Modify option in the K2 Setup executable.  On doing so successfully, I now get this error message of:

The application for project <path to project> is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type (.k2proj) is installed.

Has anyone got any ideas on how to resolve.  I need this back and working asap. 

I managed to resolve my issue with the assistance of K2 Support.  By running the Setup to remove the Moss component, the modify script removed the SourceCode.Workflow.TaskList dll from the GAC. 

This meant that I had to go to the file system of K2 BlackPearl, and drop that dll back in the GAC.  I then had to remove the K2 for Visual Studio component through the Modify script.  And then add the K2 for Visual Studio component again.  After a few reboots, it was all back to normal (except, it still thinks I have Moss installed.)

Its working, but everything is running a little slower, so I don't think everything is singing loud and clear anymore.  Not sure what that Modify function is doing (removing things from the GAC that are unrelated to what you are modifying isn't too good), but I can say this after some experience, if you get stuck with the K2proj template not installed, don't run the Repair script.  Because then this solution will no longer work.