Skip to main content

Hi!

While ago we designed a process ( document upload to sharepoint, adding some user rights, entering aditional data ...) and it is running on production environment for about a year. But lately we are getting strange errors in K2 manager. All systems become very slow (sharepoint)  and we get errors of type "System out of memory" or "Time-out" in K2mng. 

After reviewing the system we came to conclusion, that the main problem is in K2Log DB. We ran some counters and find out, that the number of read requests on K2Log DB was abnormally high -  75 millions - every second. That leads to SQL server overload and everything stops for short time. This is very strange behaviour of K2Log database!

We thought that K2 archive utility would help, but the number of requests remains the same (K2Log was 16Gb large, now it's 3Gb)..

Had anyone of you encountered the same problem and find solution to that? This is really important, so please if you got any suggestions please write them down, cause i run out of ideas!

regards;

Klemen

Hi there,

How many records do you have in the _async table? What does your process look like? If you'd like you can send me (private if you'd like) your process files to have a look at what the process does. This kind of behaviour is certainly not normal but in my experience is almost always caused by something in the process.

Sorry to resurrect a long-dead thread, but was there ever any conclusion to this problem offline?  We are experiencing something similar, and I'd like to know if there were any changes to the processes made to alleviate the problem, so we can see if we are making the same mistakes in our processes.  Thanks!