Skip to main content

After installing and configuring BlackPearl RTM, I can get the server to start but when I go to MOSS Central Admin, if I click on any of the features, I get the following message;

Server Error in ’/’ Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /_admin/K2Error.aspx

After a while, I realised that this was because the K2Error.aspx file is not deployed to the 12 hive admin folder. I copied it from the template folder into the admin folder and then I could see the real error.

So either that file is missing from the deployment or the exception is directing the browser to the incorrect folder.

Did you create a site on the application?

I've had the same error once I've forgotten to add one.

Hi

I have the same exact error whenever i try to browse to any K2 feature...

Didn't understand what do you mean by creating a site on the application??? could you please elaborate...

thanks

Well, after you create an application you have to add a site (or more). I forgot to do that and I had this kind of an error.

Hi,

You receive this error if the first web application in the web application list does not have a site collection in its root. I assume it is in the same order as the order found in Central Administration > Application Management > Web application list in SharePoint Web Application Management].

Depending on your list of web applications, create a site collection for the first listed web application on the root of the web application (e.g. http://moss.domain.local/ not http://moss.domain.local/sites/). (Central Administration > Application Management > Create site collection in SharePoint Site Management]) The very first site might be the Central Admin web application, and if this is the case then you still need to create the site collection.

This seems as though it is a bug. I assume the K2 Administration pages need to change as to not look for the site collection when the page loads but only after the Activate button is clicked.

Hope this helped!