Skip to main content

Hello,

i am quite new to K2 and i'm trying to make a form that contains the smartform K2docattachment.
i am using visual studio .NET 2003. I'm working on a client computer, visual studio is not installed on the k2 server. On my K2 server, i have K2 SP4, and smartforms are installed (even though he told me he couldnt find VS 2003).

First of all when i drag/drop the k2attachment  control, it's not looking well : instead of the images i should have to attach a file, i have 2 red crosses ( i guess k2 doesnt find the images? ). Then i have no idea on how it works. I saw in the documentation there is a k2docattachment part whith a list of properties, but it doesnt explain much about how it should work. i tried to put my portal URL (http://portal) in the sharepointserver property but it's as if he cant find it ( i have error messages like "K2SPSList.asmx doesnt exist." when i try to setup K2Docattachment properties )

The other webforms seem to work properly. 

I saw on this forum that i should have a webctrl_client folder that is nowhere to be found on my server. But i'm not sure of what i should install, or what i should configure. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much 

Hi,

Are you using Visual Studio 2003?  Only Visual Studio 2003 is supported for Smartforms.

Regards,

Ashley

Hi Malkir,

What you need to do is copy the aspnet_client which can be found under the root of your default web site and paste it to the root of your web application.  Next is to make sure that you installed the SharePoint components on the machine that has SharePoint installed.  You install these components by running the normal K2 installer but uncheck everything except the SharePoint piece.  Ensure that your install was successful by navigiating to http://yoursharepointsite/_vti_bin/K2SPSList.asmx.

Configuring the control itself is fairly simple and here is a quick overview.

Under the group "K2 (Design Time Only) you'll see a proprty called "DocumentLibraryServer"  This property is again, for design time purposes only (meaning, once you fill this out you can than browse your actual sites and libraries) and should be the first property you fill out.  The correct way to specify this property is http://yoursharepointserver

Under the group K2 you'll see a number of properties.  SharePointServer generally matches your design time DocumentLibraryServer, specifed as above.  The DocumentLibrary property than holds the value to the specific library specified as sites/humanresources/Share Documents. 

Lastly ensure that the AttachedDocuments property is filled out.  And this can be done for you by click the "..." and then on the window that pops up click "Create Document Attachment Field".

Let me know if you need anymore assistance.

-mike

I have attached a zip file containing the IE web controls MSI. This should give you the webctrl_client folder.

I hope this helps.

This is correct about not working in later versions of VS.net.  There's is a bit of an issue that was exposed and you can read more about it here.

http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?FeedbackID=105510 

-mike

Hi,

thank you for all your answers. thanks to your advices i am closer to the solution, but it's not working yet. I copied the folder aspnet_client ni the root directory of my website and now i see the images used to add a file and refresh. So this part seem to be solved.

Then I checked the installation of the sharepoint services. There is no file named K2SPSList.asmx in my sharepoint folder. So i guess the sharepoint components are not installed.
However, when i get to the K2 installer, Sharepoint Services are just not there. I have :

-K2 Server
Server
Database
Log Database
Workspace
Workspace Service
Office Server Components

-K2 Studio
Office system Components
Smartforms

-K2 Service Manager

All these components have been installed. There is nothing else in the list.
That's the installer i downloaded from K2 web site, the latest version ( build 3.6262.1.0).

Is there something i am missing? Is there another installer for the components i do not have?

Thank you very much for your help, it's very nice of you.

Just to be sure are you running the installer from the actual SharePoint machine itself?

-mike

Yes sharepoint is on the same server, as well as IIS and SQL server. I run the installer from that server.

In the installation documentation i see on the screenshots that there are "Additional Components" ( Sharepoint server web service and exchange MAPI components ), i do not see them in my installer.

EDIT :  i took a look at the forum for some similar problems, i'll try the solutions they give, and i'll contact the support if it doesnt work.

Thanks again for your answers.