Skip to main content

When I was looking at some existing code in a K2 solution at work I noticed a reference to an XML parser. My boss told me to investigate this as he thinks that XML parsers can be unstable (memory leaks?)... I was wondering if anyone would be able to give me more clue as to what sort of parser this is and whether it is unstable or not. Unfortunately I can't find the reference for the parser anymore so even if someone could tell me what the inbuilt parser is then that would help me with my research.

TIA

You probably want to post the full reference (name of DLL or its namespace) to the parser so we know what you are referring to.

I have found the reference to XML again now. It turns out this is in the SourceCode.K2Utilities package/namespace so I assume tha's what you were talking about...

Are you saying this is quite stable and is unlikely to be the cause of any problems I have?

That's kind of vague.  Are you having some specific problems that you think are related to XML parsing? 

Sorry, I know it's vague, but I don't have any idea what I'm talking about. My boss just said "Oh, XML Parsers, they can have memory leaks"... Useful, no? :-P

We do have a memory leak somewhere within the application that uses K2, but I really doubt that it's related to this. We have gone over the recommended 2000 site limit in SharePoint and this seems much more likely as the cause.

I don't know if someone would mind commenting on any known stability issues with the XML parser just so I have something to tell him? Obviously if there are no issues then then that's even better. :)

Thanks, that should be enough to report. For reference, I don't think the memory leak is from K2.