Skip to main content

Hi,

I have installed and configured K2 Blackpearl on my machine. While configuring, i created a website for K2 workspace. When i tried to open the workspace, i am prompted for credentials and after three attempts, it shows access denied page. I do not know why this is happening, because the credentials i have used are correct. I have tried to do this on another machine and i encounter the same problem.

I also tried to use a sharepoint site as K2 workspace web site during configuration. Now when i try to login, it throws me a runtime error. I checked the eventviewer application log for this event and the trace is given below:

Event code: 3008

Event message: A configuration error has occurred.

Event time: 1/2/2009 4:43:57 PM

Event time (UTC): 1/2/2009 11:13:57 AM

Event ID: d67abef3dcd44557b54a58eadb57c1f1

Event sequence: 1

Event occurrence: 1

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/1885740643/Root/Workspace-9-128753684369354701

Trust level: WSS_Minimal

Application Virtual Path: /Workspace

Application Path: c:program filesk2 blackpearlWorkspaceSite

Machine name: *****

Process information:

Process ID: 5796

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: K2 service account

Exception information:

Exception type: HttpException

Exception message: Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.Security.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)

Request information:

Request URL: http://machinename:45657/Workspace/default.aspx

Request path: /Workspace/default.aspx

User host address: User:

Is authenticated: False

Authentication Type:

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace: at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException()

at System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled()

at System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters)

Custom event details:

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Regards,

Hari

KB000171 addresses the '3 strikes and you're out' issue --- http://kb.k2workflow.com/articles/kb000171.aspx

how can I get access to this KB Article...it's asking for a user name and a password?

you need to have the user name and password to access that.. K2 provides these credentials to all its customers

right now i'm just using the trial  version and trying the software...is there a way that i can get the user name and password?

No, they dont provide it for trial versions..

But ill try helping you out in this problem,, have you configured integrated windows authentication in the iis for this site.. If not do so and restart your computer..

Yup, it's already configured for Windows Authentication...error still occurs...

have you added this  workspace site to the list of Trusted Sites in IE??

Already did that.  I tried to uncomment the part of the web.config:

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="GenericErrorPage.htm">
            <error statusCode="403" redirect="NoAccess.htm" />
            <error statusCode="404" redirect="FileNotFound.htm" />
        </customErrors>

to see the actual error.  The actual error is now:

Server Error in '/Workspace' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Required permissions cannot be acquired.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Security.Policy.PolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.  

Stack Trace:

bPolicyException: Required permissions cannot be acquired.]
   System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +7604211
   System.Security.SecurityManager.ResolvePolicy(Evidence evidence, PermissionSet reqdPset, PermissionSet optPset, PermissionSet denyPset, PermissionSet& denied, Int32& securitySpecialFlags, Boolean checkExecutionPermission) +57

lFileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.Security.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
   System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +0
   System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection) +43
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +127
   System.Reflection.Assembly.InternalLoad(String assemblyString, Evidence assemblySecurity, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean forIntrospection) +142
   System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(String assemblyString) +28
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +46

tConfigurationErrorsException: Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.Security.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssemblyHelper(String assemblyName, Boolean starDirective) +613
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAllAssembliesFromAppDomainBinDirectory() +203
   System.Web.Configuration.CompilationSection.LoadAssembly(AssemblyInfo ai) +105
   System.Web.Configuration.AssemblyInfo.get_AssemblyInternal() +29
   System.Web.Compilation.CompilationUtil.GetTypeFromAssemblies(AssemblyCollection assembliesCollection, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase) +132
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase) +291
   System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.AddProfilePropertySettingsForCompilation(ProfilePropertySettingsCollection propertyCollection, Hashtable ht, String groupName) +294
   System.Web.Profile.ProfileBase.GetPropertiesForCompilation() +185
   System.Web.Compilation.ProfileBuildProvider.get_HasCompilableProfile() +20
   System.Web.Compilation.ProfileBuildProvider.GetProfileTypeFromAssembly(Assembly assembly, Boolean isPrecompiledApp) +13
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +8809438
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +265
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +320

HttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.Security.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +58
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +512
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +729

oHttpException (0x80004005): Could not load file or assembly 'SourceCode.Security.Web, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. Failed to grant minimum permission requests. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131417)]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8890735
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +259

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.3082; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.3082

did u try configuring the trusted sites' security level to low and to automatically logon with username and password
Yes I did same error...I've also evaluated SourceCode.Security.Web via caspol and it says that it has unrestricted priv. Still investigating...
We have encountered the same issue and resolved it by adding the site to trusted list..Weird that this is happening for you. Open a support ticket if u could.. the experts will surely help you
I'm using the trial version and evaluating the software at the moment for our clients. So I don't know if I can open a support ticket for this.

I had the same issue - I think because I was trying to use my MOSS website, I uninstalled the workspace and reinstalled it (a few times actually).

The bottom line seems to be that I can only get it to work with my default website, and I'm thinking maybe reporting services needs to be configured to use the same web site.

I can't really explain why just yet (I had a fair few issues with Reporting Services because I'd installed it with MOSS support, which confused the issue and meant I had to reinstall that as well), but the answer seems to be something to do with the interdependencies between the application pool entries the K2 install creates and the web site you use. Probably I just used two incompatible parameters somewhere along the way.