Skip to main content

Hi. Has anyone included the JQuery Library at the same page as the K2 worklist web part?

After I add the reference all the modal options in the K2 worklist does not work. I.e. complete task directly from the web part does not show the modal after choosing Actions -> Complete task. It does not show an javascript error, it does not respond.

Does the K2 Webpart use the same library or could it be an other conflict.

Any ideas?

Jan

Hey,

Did you get a solution for problem? I am currently facing the same problem when adding a K2 worklist web part in the same page where Jquery is used. No error is shown, just the jquery functions do not work.

Thanks

Same thing here. I think this is a K2 bug. I am going to open a ticket, and see what I can find.

Here is the offending code, in the K2TaskListGeneral.js file

$(Context + "_WaitAnimation").style.display = "';

references in this fashion return the jQuery object in the page, not K2's custom ajax scripts for the task list control. I don't think this will be an easy fix.

This is a known issue at this point.  Expected fix is targeted for 1290.

Johnny,

Thanks for the update. I installed 1290 yesterday, and i can confirm this morning, that the issue is resolved. There does not appear to be any confliction with jquery at this point. I'll post here agin if problem occur, or open a ticket. My ticket was 34330

Cool  :)

for those they can't deploy Update 1290 (which resolved these issue)... you can update the code you use in your the part which enters in conflict with K2 (in my case, that was into my master page).

This is what the K2 support told me : "It seemed that after the postback the method jQuery.noConflict() also removed the function linked to the $ from K2. So before we execute the noConflict method, we need first to check if it's jQuery or not and only execute the method when it is jQuery that is linked to the $."

so you just need to insert a "$.noConflict()" at the end of your jquery script to allow K2 webpart to use the $ alias.

Hope this helps.