Skip to main content

On latest release of Black Pearl.  I have a SharePoint 2013 site using K2 Smart Forms and workflow.   We created the SmartForms by autogenerating them and adjusting the UI slightly.  Created the workflow and selected the option to start workflow when my SmartForm is submitted (new item one).  However, the workflow will not start automatically.  It runs fine if I run it manually from the item context menu in SharePoint.  Interestingly, if I create a workflow and select NOT to use SmartForms but instead use the standard list item events (create, update) it does start automatically.  Something about the SmartForm integration is jacked up.  I have checked permissions and my credentials are fine.  I spent days getting thru the SmartForms tweaks, so I really don't want to revert back to the SharePoint interface.  I contacted K2 support and they were not sure why it was doing this.  Grateful for any recommendations.

You meant permissions are configured at K2 Workspace?

Correct.  My ID in workspace shows Admin Start and View permissions.  I can run the workflow manually, it just will not start after the Save button is clicked in SmartForms.   A workflow for standard SharePoint list forms triggers fine.

Also, keep in mind that the Action: START A WORKFLOW, must be added and configured on the button that should trigger the workflow.

This action is usually added during the Integration Wizard.