Skip to main content

Hello everyone.

As I've mentioned in other posts, I am fairly new to K2 and have not had much Sharepoint training. I am investigating the ways that a smartform can feed data into a sharepoint page (sharepoint metadata) and then ultimately be published within Sharepoint.

Have a K2 smartform connect to Sharepoint metadata (to create a page).
Have a K2 approval workflow trigger Sharepoint approval workflow. (to publish a page)

What are the best methods and efforts around this? 

Hi there

The best method for accomplishing what you are attempting to do depends on what version of SharePoint you are using, as there were major framework changes to SharePoint between versions 2010 and 2013. Because of these changes, some functionality was lost and the methods for doing many tasks changed. As such, which version of SharePoint are you using?

Ian

Thanks for getting back to me.

Apologies for leaving that out.  I am using Sharepoint 2013.

If that is the case, then what you will want to use are the SmartObjects that are available in the SmartObject Service Tester under the SharePoint 2013 category under Management. This will allow you to get Lists, Libraries, Sites, and Subsites to get their informaiton. However, there is no direct method to interact between K2 and SharePoint workflows. I would susggest that you do everything in a K2 workflow, as you should be able to do such.

Ian

Thanks Ian.  Thats what I needed to know.