Skip to main content

Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere. 

I have set up a K2 workflow in a SharePoint document library, and want to configure it so that when I select the dropdown menu for a newly added document I can select an option to manually start the workflow associated with that library, rather than the OOTB scenario where I select the 'workflows' option, then have to select my workflow in the workflow page, and then start the workflow.  This is too many clicks through for my client's requirements. 

Is there an easy way to do this?  I have a feeling it is more likely this will need to be configured in MOSS, if it is in fact possible at all?

Cheers.

Sounds like you are using a K2 SharePoint Integrated project correct?  Well if it is too many clicks for them to go down into the workflow options to start the workflow it could be possible create a SharePoint Feature that creates a new custom Action menu item that would visible for the document library (similar to what k2 does to show you Actions in the menu item).  In the code for the menu item you will have to research how to start the workflow through the WSS API, not the K2 API.  Hope that makes sense.

Never done this before so you have some research too.

Jason

Cool - that sounds feasible, I'll look into it and report back on what the outcome is.  Thanks for the feedback!

Josh