Skip to main content

Symptoms

I have a K2 workflow set up to run once an item on a SharePoint list is updated. On that list I also have a SharePoint workflow that runs each time the item has been updated. The issue I am running into is that the K2 workflow runs when the item is updated by the user multiple times, and also gets triggered when the workflow updates the item throughout the SharePoint workflow. So when one item get's updated ones on the SharePoint site, the K2 workflow runs about 5-6 times. Is there a way to limit the K2 workflow from running for an item ? or is there a different design I could use? It's a bit annoying to get the same email 4-5 times in less than 4-10 seconds span.

Diagnoses

The SharePoint workflow was incorrectly sequenced and caused it to start the K2 workflow multiple times. thus sending out multiple emails.

Resolution

On my SharePoint workflow I moved the edit action that would negate the mass email condition on the k2 studio workflow at the very top of the SharePoint workflow. So as soon as the item is updated, the K2 workflow is triggered. The second update triggers the workflow still, but since the condition is not being met, the mass email is not sent.

Be the first to reply!